To assist you with your ongoing career development, the University of Mississippi Career Center and the Alumni Association have partnered to expand the career services offered to members of the Ole Miss community. We invite you to use these services, so please bookmark this site and visit frequently, keeping an eye out for updated services while your career search is under way!
Also, make sure to visit our Alumni Association’s website to stay updated on events and to get involved!
As a graduate of the University of Mississippi, you have access to our online database for job postings and Career Center events. If you have recently graduated, you simply need to sign in with your WebID and the system will send you an e-mail to your go.olemiss.edu account to set up a password. If it has been over a year since you graduated, you can simply create a new account. We will immediately verify your account. If we need additional information, we will reach out to you!
On Handshake, you can easily apply for full-time opportunities with employers who are specifically recruiting UM students and alumni. You can log in/create your Handshake account by clicking here!
Paid Assessments (Meeting with a counselor beforehand is required.)
Career goals and measurements for success vary dramatically, and with that in mind we want to help you identity the career path that is right for you. The links below allow you to complete free online career assessments that will help you match your personality and skill sets with the personalities and skill sets prevalent in popular industries.
The Career Key – Free 10-minute assessment
The Keirsey Temperament Sorter – Free online personality test
Resume and Cover Letter Development
Strong resumes, cover letters and thank-you notes are essential elements in any great job search. Stand-out job correspondence can help you “get your foot in the door,” while bad resumes and letters will get tossed in the trash, along with your hopes of landing a good job.
Here’s how we can help:
Download our helpful handouts & PowerPoint presentations
- Resume Worksheet
- Sample Resume for Undergraduates
- Writing an Effective Resume
- Power Verbs for Your Resume
Recommendation Request Letter
Other Helpful Handouts/Videos
Big Interview is an interactive online system that combines training AND practice to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence.
You have at your disposal a variety of tools including:
- Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- The ability to rate and share your interview answers for feedback
- A comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of landing a job
- A step-by-step interview Answer Builder for crafting answers to behavioral questions
Information on how to access Big Interview:
STEP 1: Go to https://olemiss.biginterview.com/ and click “Register”.
STEP 2: Complete registration process
STEP 3: You’ll then receive a confirmation email at your SCHOOL email address. Click “Verify” in the email, and you’ll be able to start using Big Interview.
General Job Search Sites
The links below represent job search sites which have been researched and recommended by the Ole Miss Career Center staff. In addition to the ability to design custom job searches, many of these sites allow you to develop online profiles, post resumes and create job screens that will provide automated notifications when new posting are available.
General Search Engine Links
- Monster.com – Over 300,000 job listings. Monster also has a career counseling section to help you write a resume and post it on-line.
- Indeed.com– Over 500,00 job listings. Indeed.com has job listings for all majors and offers both full time and Internship/ Externship posting.
- JobOptions – One of the very first on-line job listing web sites. The Career Tools section has many helpful resources on topics such as: resumes, interviewing, relocation and salary surveys.
- CareerBuilder – “Provides a rich array of jobs, career advice, columns and tips to get ahead in today’s work place.”
- Employment Guide – Search jobs by locations and/or category. Setup an account and be notified of new job openings by e-mail.
- USA Jobs – Over 17,000 federal job listings. This site also provides assessments to help you focus on positions that match your skills and interests.
- Chili Jobs Search Engine – Nationwide online job search engine with an easy-to-use job post/ search format for all employment or recruitment-related needs.
Industry Specific Search Engines
- Accounting Jobs– Accounting, Finance jobs, investment banking jobs, careers & recruitment in finance. Financial jobs, bank jobs, careers & recruitment in the finance jobs sector
- Communicative Disorders Jobs– is the professional association for 140,000 audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists.
- Financial Services Jobs– The world’s fastest growing financial industry network and information exchange. Where financial professionals come to share information, ideas and job opportunities.
- Journalism Jobs– An online job board with over 15,000 media jobs, including jobs in media, marketing, advertising, and public relations, with free job searching and resume posting.
- Psychology Jobs – provides helpful insight into many of the various fields within psychology to those who are performing their career exploration or simply interested in learning more.
- Public Policy– Jobs covering research, policy making, and academic jobs in many fields: foreign policy, economics, social policy, family policy, etc.
- Nursing Jobs– with the demand for nurses increasing, this site is a great place to look for nursing positions.
- Sports Jobs– Search sports jobs and internships at Work In Sports, the most comprehensive source for available jobs in the sports industry. Find your sports job today!
See MORE Industry-Specific Job Search Engines by clicking HERE!